September 27, 2022
1. Hurricane Ian might disrupt an epic Mets vs. Braves series
It’s the final showdown that’ll most likely determine the NL East battle that’s raged all summer — and right at the same time, hurricane rain will be coming down on Atlanta.
2. Aaron Judge watch continues
Tonight, does #61 come in Canada?
3. Vlad Guerrero Jr. hit a walk-off last night in Toronto
And the Blue Jays are on the doorstep of postseason clinching.
4. Zack Greinke stories are back in the news
The man is an oddball legend.
5. Steven Kwan wins AL Player of the Week
One of baseball’s new most beloved scrappy guys.
6. Julio Rodriguez wins Baseball America’s Rookie of the Year
Not the official MLB award, but he’ll likely be the front runner.
7. The home run of the day: Matt Olson
Right off the fair pole.
And the Braves shut out the Nationals with an 8–0 win, pulling just a game behind the Mets in the standings.
8. Probably confirmed, the Tony La Russa era is over
Dubious “sources” on Twitter, then backed up by someone much more solid (below):
9. The Marlins want their fans to… root for the Mets
If you can’t sell tickets, sell them to another fan base?
10. And lastly, two very cool baseball polyglots