September 21, 2022
1. Aaron Judge hits #60
And his year of legend-making continues.
2. And the Yankees had the best inning of the entire season
One of the best regular-season innings you’ll ever see:
Down by four runs, Judge leads off the bottom of the ninth with #60
Rizzo doubles and the next two batters reach base
And then, Giancarlo Stanton
3. The guy who caught the Judge home run ball nobly returned it
Major kudos to him.
Here’s the moment on the replay:
4. The pitcher who gave up the HR is the great-grandson of Red Ruffing
Hall of Fame pitcher. Six-time World Series winner with the Yankees. And now he’s circled back again to a piece of Yankees legend.
5. Here’s where Aaron Judge’s HR pace sits among the record-setters
Through 147 team games:
6. In other news, the Padres are having a great week
From teetering on the brink of missing a playoff spot, to suddenly finding themselves with a great cushion — with the Phillies and Brewers on losing streaks at the worst of times for them.
7. Great Britain qualifies for the 2023 WBC
Beating Spain in a comeback 10–9 win held in Regensburg, Germany.
8. MLB Network did a good interview with Albert Pujols
The actual interview starts a few minutes in, if you watch:
9. The juxtaposed quotes of the day: Babe Ruth and Aaron Judge
10. Various news from around the league
11. Garrett Stubbs threw an eephus pitch last night
12. Lastly, a good listen: David Cone on The Dan Patrick Show this morning