October 20, 2022
1. The Padres stage a wild rally comeback to win Game 2
Down 4–0 early, things looking grim in the early afternoon sunlight of San Diego, with three straight games in Philadelphia looming — and then, back-to-back home runs to get back in the game. After that, a wild five-run inning. The series tied.
2. And the Nola brothers (and parents) stole the show
3. The Yankees lose Game 1 of the ALCS
Poor managerial decisions, poor bullpen, anemic offense in a winnable game — and now the series outlook doesn’t look great.
4. Previewing Game 2 tonight (7:37 ET)
The red-hot, power-hitting Harrison Bader earns himself a move up to the leadoff spot in the lineup, and Luis Severino starts.
5. The play of the day: Aaron Judge
64 home runs (including the postseason), and he can do this:
6. Automated strike zones are happening in the Arizona Fall League
Fascinating to see this technology work in real time.
7. Gold Glove Award nominee finalists are out
And bizarrely, Manny Machado is off the list.
8. Jose Abreu might not be back with the White Sox
Might he hop on the red line up to the north side?
9. The stat of the day: Josh Hader
10. Lastly, Petco Park now has a “Rally Goose” video