November 3, 2022
1. The Phillies lose Game 4 and get no-hit
2. The quote of the day: Kyle Schwarber
3. Game 5 is tonight at 8:03 ET
The last game of the year at Citizens Bank Park, and the Phillies look to travel back to Houston with a series lead.
4. The White Sox officially have a new manager
Hiring the bench coach from another team in their own division, a team that’s not been good for several years — a bit of an unusual move, but maybe an upgrade from the Tony La Russa era.
5. The first pitch from last night’s game
6. Rhys Hoskins’ wife keeps buying beer for Phillies fans
7. The Phillies and Eagles both play tonight in Philadelphia
And they both play against Houston.
8. Yasiel Puig scored the winning run in a KBO Championship game
9. Ichiro Suzuki threw 131 pitches against a high school girls team
10. And lastly, the sign of the apocalypse
Suddenly, I find myself in the apparent minority view in terms of seeing sports gambling as not really a good thing, or that Pete Rose betting on baseball wasn’t right— so if you disagree that’s fine, but to me seeing this kind of news just feels very off-putting, when an earnest reparation of his image should be his approach.