May 18, 2022
1. The same guy caught two HR balls at Fenway Park last night
A once-in-a-lifetime moment, twice in the same inning.
2. The new Camden Yards wall robbed Aaron Judge of an all-time night
The best, hottest hitter in the league right now. Four hits, two home runs, and what should’ve easily been three.
This thing is a monstrosity, and produced the line of the night from Judge:
3. The play of the night: Wade Miley with a no-look snack catch
4. Don Orsillo reading out the weather report is hilarious
A little breeze from the “WNWSSW”.
5. Cubs rookie Christopher Morel homered in his first MLB at-bat
The pure joy from Willson Contreras in the dugout (who did the same thing in 2016) is amazing to watch.
6. The Nestor Cortes mustache is becoming a baseball icon
With an ERA of 1.35 so far on the season to go with.
And he’s even got a new pair of custom cleats with the mustache incorporated in the design.
7. The deep home run of the night: Tommy La Stella
Who would’ve thought baseball’s most petite player could hit one 464 feet? And the first at-bat of the game, too.
8. Freddie Freeman can still do the splits
9. Keith Hernandez continues to be fantastic in the Mets booth
Saying on the air, about the umpire: “Get the hell out of the way!”
10. Various news and bits from around the league
11. The stat of the day: Mookie Betts
12. And lastly, Bills QB Josh Allen can hit
Big time distance at a charity softball event in Buffalo.