March 4, 2022
1. Here’s to happier baseball times: The vintage video of the day
From the great Twitter account of Fergie Jenkins, an old clip from him pitching at Wrigley Field:
And he might win for the line of the day, too — his new statue can’t be placed outside the friendly confines just yet.
2. And the recent highlight of the day: Vlad Guerrero Sr.
Going deep in the Dominican Republic for a “jonron”:
3. The MLBPA donated $1 million to workers affected by the lockout
4. This was the back page of the New York Daily News
5. The Rays pitching prospect who got hit badly by a line drive last year is making a comeback
A great turn of events to see, from the Tyler Zombro story:
6. Locked-out MLB players are doing workouts at the University of South Florida
And this is weird, Bryce Harper and Tim Anderson filming a commercial in their team uniforms. You’d think that would all be out the window until a new CBA deal is decided:
8. This is the most original baseball taunt of the year
Waving goodbye in the middle of a windup — and then the strikeout:
9. Max Scherzer finally updated his Twitter account
Until days ago, he still had on the Dodger uniform — now, at last, the Mets.
10. Yasiel Puig had dinner in South Korea with former Dodgers teammate Hyun-Jin Ryu
And here he was two weeks ago giving out kisses in the new uniform (Kiwoom Heroes):
11. Sportswriter Bill Madden believes superagent Scott Boras is to blame for the current lockout fiasco
I would not be surprised at all if that’s the case.
The Youtuber guy’s visual overlay on the video is a bit annoying, but here’s the whole interview from the Chris “Mad Dog” Russo’s radio show:
12. And lastly, here’s what the path of a home run ball looks like
From the point of view of the ball, that is (although the drone operator seemed to forget to make the ball actually land).