1. Highlights from today’s meeting between MLB and the players union
I’m probably not the only one who’s bored by this entire thing, but in terms of baseball news it fits the bill of needing to be included. Some highlights, from what happened in the discussions today:
1. There’s a female pitcher in the Australian Baseball League
Last week, there was news of a signing, and then just days later she pitched in a game. Very cool stuff, and surprising to see a first-of-its-kind baseball feat come out of Australia.
And she’s just seventeen years old.
1. Hank Aaron’s memorial service took place yesterday
It’s been almost a year since he passed, and the Braves won a very fitting World Series in the meantime. Rest in peace, to one of the all-time greats.
2. Clayton Kershaw was hanging with Dallas Cowboys at the…
1. MLB Network drops Ken Rosenthal for criticizing Rob Manfred
And the front runner for worst commissioner in sports sprints further ahead, metal running spikes drilled into clown shoes, widening his comically huge lead.
From the article (link above):
Here was Rosenthal himself, after receiving the news:
1. Thanks for a great first year reading the Baseball Newsletter
This is the last newsletter of the year, with the 2022 edition starting up on Monday — and I just wanted to say thanks for following along, and a major thanks to those supporting on Patreon. …
1. Mariners great Kyle Seager decides to retire
First, there was Buster Posey, retiring after just twelve seasons — and now another beloved one-team lifer calls it a day after eleven seasons.
242 HR. 36.9 career WAR. One All-Star nod and a Gold Glove.
His last moments in Seattle…